So you want to be a Hero?
Please note that Rangers are not eligible for multiclass characters. For dual classed humans, they must be the second class that you choose, as the discipline and time required to excel at the class would preclude you from ever leaving it, with out also losing all of the class benefits.Otherwise per The Player’s Handbook p.24, as Modified by the UA p.21, and Ammended below:
- Strain Method of Casting, see: On the use of Magic
- May roll d% each level for STR, DEX, and CON, as per Cavalier rules
- May only take 1 rank in Weapon Specialization
- If a marital character (fighters and their subclasses, cavs, cav-paladins) chooses to hold a prof slot, they may apply it whenever the choose in between levels, however, they must spend three combats “self training”. i.e.- the first time the use it in combat they receive the full NP penalty, the second time they use it the penalty is halved, the third time they use it they have no penalty to hit. Throughout this process whenever they roll “to hit” any d20 roll of 1-2 is a miss.
- Proficiency slots can be used to increase efficacy with weapons already taken. Added Proficiency in existing weapons for characters above first level decreases the weapon speed by 1 for melee weapons, to a minimum of 1, or increases the short and medium ranges for missile weapons by 10% rounded to the nearest integer.
Spell list can be found here: Ranger Spells
See Fighter page for Weapon Specialization rules