So you want to be a Hero?
Please note that Paladins are not eligible for multiclass characters. For dual Classed humans, it must be the second class that you choose, as the discipline and time required to excel at the class would preclude you from ever leaving it, with outalso losing all of the class benefits.
- Strain Method of Casting is used, see: On the use of Magic
- If a marital character (fighters and their subclasses, cavs, cav-paladins) chooses to hold a prof slot, they may apply it whenever the choose in between levels, however, they must spend three combats “self training”. i.e.- the first time the use it in combat they receive the full NP penalty, the second time they use it the penalty is halved, the third time they use it they have no penalty to hit. Throughout this process whenever they roll “to hit” any d20 roll of 1-2 is a miss.
- Proficiency slots can be used to increase efficacy with weapons already taken. Added Proficiency in existing weapons for characters above first level decreases the weapon speed by 1 for melee weapons, to a minimum of 1, or increases the short and medium ranges for missile weapons by 10% rounded to the nearest integer.
First roll your social status:
- Roll for your “Social Class and Rank” found on the Cavalier page
If you roll UMC or higher you may choose to play a Paladin as a Subclass of Cavalier, or as a subclass of Fighter.
If you roll lower than UMC, you are a Paladin of the Fighter Subclass.
5. Regardless of type, you may use roll d% each level as per Cavalier rules to increase your STR, DEX, CON, and CHA
PHB Paladins do gain Weapon Specialization, as listed on the Fighter page
Your spell list can be found here: Paladin Spells